Monday, May 14, 2007

2.0

Welcome to Matt's Blog 2.0. I used to blog on my website, but I hardly ever updated it. And I would always cut and paste it into my Myspace blog too, but that got to be really tedious. Blogger makes it really easy, so I'll try it out...

Since there's never really a good way to start, I'll just do a brief intro for anyone who cares, and then I can dive in to the things I really want to talk about tomorrow.

My name is Matt Nightingale. I'm a follower of Jesus; husband to Luanne and father to Joshua, Jacob, Emily and Zachary; pianist/singer/songwriter; music and creative arts pastor at Peninsula Covenant Church; and licensed minister in the Evangelical Covenant Church.

I'm passionate about God and what it looks like to be whole people, living as God designed us to live. I'm passionate about my wife and kids and being the best husband and father I can be. I'm passionate about music and the arts... creating it and enjoying it! I'm passionate about the Church, the Bride of Christ, and I want to know how I can serve God through the Church and help it to be relevant to a 21st Century world.

I'm passionate about culture, and I'm not afraid of it. I think God shows up in the world a lot more often than most Evangelicals seem to think he does, and I love to see glimpses of grace as the Kingdom slowly works its way through the big, bad world. I want to do all I can to redeem this place. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

My favorite band is Over the Rhine. My favorite show is Lost. (I'm currently catching up... nearing the end of Season 1 on DVD.)

I'm on Facebook and Myspace. Look me up.

If anything I write resonates in you, please join the conversation. I look forward to this journey together.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin