Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell Dead at 73

Wow.

Welcome home, Jerry... Rest in peace and may you be very surprised by the amazing grace of God.

I have so much to say about this... Jerry Falwell really influenced my early experience with faith. My parents were devotees of "The Old Time Gospel Hour" and even wore the "Jesus First" pins. However far I have come journeyed from my early admiration of his political views and his right-wing theological dogma, I am still grateful for the role he played in my life... if for no other reason than I can look back and see how I've grown in my understanding of our great God.

It'll be really interesting to see what the Evangelical community has to say about this over the next few days, as well as the broader Christian world. What will Muslims, gays and lesbians and feminists say? What kind of legacy has he left for the Kingdom of God? Is the world truly more "moral" because Falwell was in ministry for 50+ years?

More later. I have to get some work done.

1 comment:

Ben Seeberger said...

Hey, this is quite nice. It's a good thing to have a place away from your famousness/notoriety, where you can just write whatever.

Blog looks good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin