Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Literary Tag

Well, I've been tagged again, this time by my good friend Zanne over at Souliloquies. The instructions:

(1) Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
(2) Open the book to page 123
(3) Find the fifth sentence
(4) Post the next three sentences
(5) Tag five people

Here we go... So the closest book is Reconciliation Blues by Edward Gilbreath. (Recommended to me by BOSS lead pastor Bishop Sherwood Carthen. So far it's a very eye-opening read. Highly recommended.)

The three sentences: "For his part, the Reverend has refused to discuss the matter beyond his initial statement asking his friends and supporters for "forgiveness, understanding and prayers." Still, when addressing other issues, he occasionally invokes biblical themes of forgiveness and restoration that hint at something more personal. "We must honor the ethic of the Ten Commandments," Jackson told me, "even if we fall and break them."

Let's see... I'll tag Josh, Jeff & Lisa, Kim, Suzie and Jenell & Chelsea.

1 comment:

wonderbox said...

matt - i just did this for another blog i read! how fun.

Does page 124 count? Page 123 is blank. Rob Bell, Velvet Elvis was in my laptop bag with my Bible and journal (but it was on top of those, thus making it technically closest.)

“Something involving God making peace with the world and creation being reclaimed and everything in heaven and earth being brought back into harmony with its creator. Before all the big language and grand claims, the story of Jesus was about a Jewish man, living in a Jewish region among Jewish people, calling people back to the way of a Jewish God. When I first began to realize that Jesus was Jewish, I thought, No way; He was a Christian.”

Blog Widget by LinkWithin