Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Parents' Nightmare - Pray for the Chapmans

Sometimes I am forcefully reminded of the fragility of life and the precious gifts my children are to Luanne and me. Steven Curtis Chapman was a favorite of mine back in the day (I sang "I Will Be Here" in our wedding!), and I respect his work with international adoption advocacy as much, if not more, than I respect his music.

His youngest daughter, Maria, was killed today... To make matters worse, she was struck down by an SUV driven by her older brother in the family's driveway.

Please keep Steven, MaryBeth and the Chapman family (especially the driver of the vehicle) in your prayers.

Update: Here's a link to Steven's website. A tribute blog has been set up where we can see a video of Maria and Steven and leave messages.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin