Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Summer in Seattle

Well, it's official, so I'll give you the details. And you've got to hear the cool backstory.

On my last Sunday at PCC, March 30, Barb Berens came up to Luanne and me and said she had something to share with us. Barb is an amazing woman of God. She is a part of the Prayer Team that prays during the 9:15 worship gathering at PCC every week. In addition to this, she was on my personal prayer team, and she sends Luanne and me letters and cards every week telling us how she's praying (even since we've moved). She has spoken God's truth into my life in significant and powerful ways on many occasions, so when she speaks, I tend to listen. Anyway, on this particular Sunday, she said she had been awakened the night before by a dream. I had come running up to her saying, "Barb, it's Bellevue. It's Bellevue!" Now, to be fair, she couldn't remember the exact word. She said it was either "Bellevue" or "Belvedere," and she asked if either word meant anything to me in my search for what God's next step was... I said no, honestly neither word meant anything to me. She said OK and she'd keep praying for God's plans to be revealed to us!

Jacob and I went to Squaw Valley the next weekend, and while I was on the slopes, I got a call from Mark Novak, superintendent of the North Pacific Conference of the Covenant. I couldn't get it, and I kind of forgot about it until I was home that Monday. I had just read a card from Barb that Luanne had left on the counter reminding me of the dream she had had. I remembered to call Mark back then. He asked how things were going and then proceeded to ask me whether he could pass my information on to a pastor who was looking for an interim worship pastor for the summer. Where was this church? Bellevue, Washington, of course.

And now we're heading there. I'll start on June 1, take a week off to lead worship at Mt. Hermon the first week of August (my family gets to come too), and be done on August 17. From there, only God knows where we'll be going. Maybe Houston? I'll know a lot more after my trip this weekend.

I'm excited about this opportunity. I will work with their musicians and leaders, giving their current leaders a break and hopefully helping to bring fresh expression to their community's worship language.

Thanks for your interest and your prayers!

6 comments:

Suzie said...

How awesome! Are they providing you a place to live as well?

Matt Nightingale said...

Yup... Cool, huh?

Suzie said...

very cool...

Holly said...

Hey, I'm going to Washington too! I'm at Cascades Camp from June 13th to August 17th. I think we'll be less than 2 hours away from each other!
I'm so glad this worked out for your summer.

Tony's 2 Cents said...

praise God for provision

LawsonFamily said...

So awesome! I have family up there (Kirkland, Bothell) - beautiful place!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin