Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nightingales = Texans

Here's the email we sent out last night:

Dear Ted, Dave & Access/Vox Lead Team,

Luanne and I sat with our kids this morning, and we talked about the journey God has had our family on. We remembered the night way back in January when we first told them that we would be leaving Peninsula Covenant. We knew God would lead, but we didn't know where God would lead. And now we do!

We're excited to say YES to your invitation to join you in Houston. After much thought and conversation and prayer... And after submitting this decision to many close friends and prayer partners... We know it's the right thing to do. We know there are challenges ahead, but we trust that our great God has started this thing and will give us everything that we need according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus!

We still have many questions, and we will definitely need your help in our transition. I'm sure we'll have many discussions in the upcoming months. Thank you for all you've done already, and we're excited to be with you in the fall.

With great anticipation...

Matt


Wow! We are moving to Houston! When Matt first mentioned this opportunity to me, I never thought it would really happen. I never imagined we would be a fit for Access. However, over the past several weeks, God has confirmed this call to us. As I have looked back on the many opportunities that Matt has pursued over the past months, this is the one that aligns with our heart's desire, and we are excited to join you.

There are many unknowns facing all of us as we transition to Houston, but I can say with confidence that I would rather experience the challenges of following where God is leading as opposed to staying where life is comfortable. I am looking forward to discovering what it means to serve through all the joys and trials of a church plant and growing through the process.

With great anticipation...

Luanne

10 comments:

Holly Meyer said...

I'm glad you guys have been able to hear from God and make the decision. I'm only sorry that your family will live so far away... and in the land of Republicans nonetheless. ;) jk

I hope leading worship in Washington is working out well!

Matt Nightingale said...

I guess we'll have to be living proof that not all Texans are Republicans! (Bummer that my vote for Obama won't count for anything, huh?)

Suzie said...

yeah! We won't be the only southerners (?) anymore! We are so excited for you guys!

Suzie said...

and by the way...not all Republicans are bad! :)

Matt Nightingale said...

Oh, I know... I've been one most of my life, and I love lots of them... It's just that I finally woke up to the fact that not all Democrats are bad, either... The world is simply not that black-and-white, and I can't be a single-issue voter anymore.

Suzie said...

I agree with that! I am going to have to do some pretty heavy research before we vote!

wonderbox said...

yeah i'd like obama if he weren't pro-death. seriopsly. that's my main issue with the guy. i am super excited for you guys! big country you are moving to. so how do you say the name of this church? access/vox - vawks? just curious. on our soundboard, vox stands for vocals. so for the disjointedness of this comment. God bless!

Meghan said...

Well, I guess we'll always have BELLEVUE!!
Seriously, we may send you off with copies of our resumes - it sounds awesome!

Tyler & Cathie said...

Congrats Nightingale Family! So excited for your this new journey that God has you on. Excited to read more about what He's up to! Praying for you as you transition!
Cathie Quillet (Lundstrom

Kim said...

Late to the party as usual - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I love Luanne's thoughts on embracing the challenges of following God rather than staying comfortable. God is so good! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin