Sunday, June 29, 2008

Seattle Sunday Night

It's 9:30pm, and I'm sitting outside our house in my pajamas. I'm drinking a nice Washington chardonnay and listening to Over the Rhine.

This is living.

I enjoyed worship this morning, leading music with Chad Gardner on drums, Ryan Ponten on electric guitar and John Platter on bass.

I'm reading blogs, answering emails, checking Facebook and working on a family website to be unveiled in the near future.

I'm laughing a lot at the Dove Lady. You have to read this awesome blog.

I'm missing some of my PCC friends terribly. You know who you are.

I'm reading Mark Driscoll's Confessions of a Reformission Rev.: Hard Lessons from an Emerging Missional Church. Mark is the controversial pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle. (The "cussing pastor" from Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz!) It's funny, challenging, encouraging, scary and infuriating. I don't like everything the man says, I don't agree with all of his theological conclusions, but I respect his love for Jesus and his passion for partnering with God in redeeming the culture for Christ. It is making me so keenly aware of the awesome challenge of planting a new church in Houston in the fall. It's making me humbly hit my knees and cry out for God to lead Ted and me and Access and Vox as we venture forth... to do nothing less that transform the culture of Houston with the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ!

The wind is kicking up and lightning is starting to flash across the sky. It's going to rain soon, and Jacob is asking me to come in and read Harry Potter with him. More later.

2 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

loved the dove lady - I'm still laughing.

Deleted first comment because of typo...a really BAD typo. LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin