Monday, October 6, 2008

Amy, Amy, Amy...

My friend Tony has always been a great example to me of prayer. And one thing he does is pray for celebrities. Madonna and Britney spring to mind as targets of his fervent prayers. And why not? If we see someone in need, we help them. This is a thoroughly biblical idea. And if I cannot, for instance, physically take the pills out of Amy Winehouse's hands and drive her to rehab myself, I can pray that somehow someone will intervene.

She is, reportedly, on suicide watch and pretty miserable. She needs our prayers. She's such a gifted musician with such a bright future (just watch this amazing performance of the sadly ironic "Rehab" on Letterman in happier times) if she could just find some meaning and purpose to life...

Save her, God...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin