Monday, April 20, 2009

Access Live @ The Warehouse

I'm working on my wife's Toshiba laptop because my Mac is in the shop. Thank God for AppleCare, but I'm bummed that it could take up to eight business days to get it back.

Access worshipped in a new location on Sunday, and it was great. After five months at Ashford Oaks, we had grown too large to meet there on Sundays. Our vision has always included an arts community center where we can worship on Sundays and reach out to the community the rest of the week through music, tutoring, community groups (movies, food, sports, etc.) and Vox Culture events. This new space will be so great as we continue to change and grow over the years.
Here are some pictures taken by Ted on Sunday. It's still pretty rough, but you can get an idea of what it was like, and if you have any imagination you can tell it will be amazing once it undergoes the Access treatment.





Of course, for me, Sunday was challenging in many ways. I love Access/Vox, and it's exciting to see us/them moving in a really cool new direction. But at the same time, I am on my way out. Six more Sundays and we'll most likely be moving back to California, at least temporarily. As always, we deeply appreciate your prayers for direction and provision as we once again leap into the unknown.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin