Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pieces of My Heart...

Last night's Tenebrae Service at Access was really beautiful. We sang, we prayed, read the scriptures, we took communion together... I was so glad to be a part of this community of believers here in Houston.

Here are some photos Ted took:

Tenebrae - Rehearsal

Tenebrae - Candle Extinguished

Tenebrae - Communion

Tenebrae - Communion Elements

As I left the place where we had gathered, I remembered the many times I had led Peninsula Covenant Church through Tenebrae Services. I knew they were in the middle of theirs, and I wished I could be with them.

And I had been texting some friends from Newport Covenant in Bellevue, Washington, earlier in the day, so I was a little bit lonely for them too.

And I miss our family in Simi Valley and our family in Indiana. It's a strange feeling to have little pieces of my heart scattered all over the country.

I must admit, I feel a little bit like a man without a country sometimes. Where will we land? We have about six weeks left here in Houston. I'm talking to several different churches, but nothing is solid yet. Thank God we are secure in His loving hands. He will guide and protect and provide.

Thank you for your love and prayers.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Adam forgot the time difference so started to call just as your service was starting! Miss you guys! Hoping and praying NCC is one of the churches you're talking to!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin