Friday, May 22, 2009

Talent

I don't know what my second-favorite moment was. Maybe it was the kid who did a card trick on a table with his back to the audience. Maybe it was the two sweet, gawky girls who sang along with The Fray on "How To Save a Life." Maybe it was one of the many self-written skits featuring hard-to-hear dialogue and over-the-top slapstick comedy. But then there was the dance solo (with tumbling!) to "Billie Jean" and the stock endless violin duet... and, of course, the cute girls trio dancing to Rihanna. Please. Don't stop the music.

But there can be no doubt that my favorite moment of the fifth grade talent show was my son's drum solo. Jake closed the show and rocked the house. Rock and roll forever!

4 comments:

jhimm said...

Is it the compression on the audio portion of your recording that makes it seem like sometimes his snare rings a really long time and sometimes it does not, or is it actually making two different sounds?

Matt Nightingale said...

Hmmm... I never noticed until you pointed it out. I think it must be the audio quality of my little Nikon camera. Unless my son is more brilliant than I knew, which is entirely possible. :)

Rich said...

That's awesome - he did a good job though his drum roadie needs to be wearing black. Tori sang Barlow Girl's "Mirror" in the 5th grade talent show this year (still need to Facebook the pictures, oops).

God's Weaver said...

Excellent drum work! He has real talent!

Aunt Mochel

Blog Widget by LinkWithin