Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oral Roberts, Dead at 91



Oral Roberts died today. I don't know a lot about him, to be honest, but I live in Tulsa now, and I know a lot of people who were greatly influenced by this very influential man. Many of my friends went to ORU, and I drive by it every day. His "City of Faith" Medical Center, although it never became what he envisioned it to be, still anchors all of South Tulsa. It can be seen for miles and serves as a marker on the horizon.



There are many things I don't admire about Oral Roberts. For one, the God I know and love doesn't threaten to "call us home" if we don't raise $8 million. But I must say that he was a pioneer, and he had an amazing vision to reach Tulsa and the world for Christ. His funeral will be here probably next week, and I will get to it if I can.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin