Friday, January 1, 2010

2010



Happy New Year! 2010 will be a good one, I can feel it....

Annie Dillard wrote "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." I love that quote, and it challenges me to make my days count. Tomorrow will not be different if today isn't different. And today is all we have.

My goals for 2010? I think a nice, round TEN would be appropriate.
  1. Follow this bible reading plan for the New Year. Who wants to join me?
  2. Love my wife with all my heart... with words and with actions.
  3. Be the best father to my kids that I can.
  4. Eat well and make time for exercise. I've gone 31 days with no sugar... Can I continue that plan?
  5. Love, serve and lead Redeemer well.
  6. Daily time writing in my journal.
  7. Weekly time for creativity.
  8. Finish a song every month... whether it's brilliant or terrible. Just finish it.
  9. Get an A in my first seminary course.
  10. Live in one city for a whole year. :)
I'll let you know how I'm doing. What are your goals?

2 comments:

Meghan said...

We're doing the Bible Gateway read thru in a year - are the programs similar? Adam and I were just talking today about your family and how awesome it is!
And I was wondering how your refined sugar thing was going!
Me, I want to learn to cook and sew - good thing Janet Gardner is around and willing (and patient) :)

Matt Nightingale said...

I don't know if it's the same plan or not. Yesterday it was 1-1/2 chapters of Genesis, the first chapter of Matthew and Psalm 1.

We love your family too! :)

The sugar thing is going well. You know me. I'm a yo-yo. But I've been off the sugar for 32 days now, and I've lost 14 pounds. I've got a long way to go... and the older I get, the slower the pounds come off... but I'm hopeful. Just gonna stay the course. If I can do no sugar all through Advent and Christmas and New Years... well then I should be able to keep it up.

I feel like I'm a pretty good cook, but sewing. No desire.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin