Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Brian McLaren's "New Kind of Christianty"

Brian McLaren's newest book, "A New Kind of Christianity," hits the shelves on February 9. Love him or hate him, this man has influenced countless young believers, and we cannot ignore him. Google his name and you'll find all kinds of people, from bloggers to pastors to Christian leaders, denouncing him as a heretic or praising him as a prophet.

His "New Kind of Christian" trilogy had a profound impact on me six or seven years ago when I first encountered it, and I've had the privilege of hearing Brian speak at a CCN satellite broadcast in 2003 and at the 2004 Covenant Midwinter conference.

I'll be receiving an advance copy of the book and reviewing here when I've read it. In the meantime, here's a little preview video from TheOoze.tv:



I have to admit I'm excited and hopeful for Brian to really spell out some of his theological beliefs. He's danced around a lot of these questions for a long time. We'll see if, as the video promises, he lays his cards out on the table this time.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin