Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK

I thank God today for the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Eugene Cho just posted some great thoughts. I love this quote:

It’s way too easy to talk about MLK because so many people and groups of people want to own him as their own. But they often don’t want to take ALL of him. At the core of his life, Martin Luther King Jr. was a follower of Jesus Christ. His faith in Christ informed all that he sought to do as a civil rights leader.

I know he was just a man. I know he was sinful like I am. But God used this sinful man in mighty powerful ways. If you haven't watched it recently, today would be a great day to remember his most famous speech. And more importantly, to ask God how our faith in Jesus and following of Jesus make a difference for righteousness in this fallen world.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin