Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Kind of Christianity: Intro



Today I'm starting a series on Brian McLaren's new book, "A New Kind of Christianity." As I've said before, whether you agree or disagree with his conclusions (and I do - agree and disagree - with his conclusions), he is a force to be reckoned with, and his ideas are influencing thousands of emerging (or "Emergent") Christians. As a "viral blogger" for The Ooze, I got an advance copy of the book, which I'm reading it now (and feeling guilty every minute, since I have so much reading for my sem class).

Last night, we got to participate in a conference call with Spencer Burke (author and founder of The Ooze), Mike Morrell ("Zoecarnate") and Brian McLaren himself. I think there were about 100 people on the line. He started with an opening statement, just talking about the book and where he's at in life and ministry at this point. Then it was open Q & A. We were scheduled to go 60 minutes, but Brian very generously let it go for 90.

The Ooze has produced 10 videos, corresponding with each of the questions that Brian addresses in the book. I'll be posting them here as they're made available, along with some discussion questions. For now, here's a short introductory video about the book and the video series. Every Wednesday, I'll post another video and we'll discuss!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin