Saturday, March 13, 2010

O Say Can You See?



I was a little rusty, and it was cold... but this morning I hauled myself over to the new ONEOK Field. They were holding open auditions to sing The Star-Spangled Banner at a Tulsa Drillers game sometime this season at their new ballpark (which is really cool). I forgot how high that song can get, but I think I did all right... Here's hoping I can get my family to a free game sometime this summer!

I've had a little experience singing this song, after all... It was November 2006 that I sang it at the 49ers/Seahawks game. In fact, it was the big Jerry Rice Retirement Ceremony, so it was packed! I don't know it I've ever been more nervous, but it turned out to be a thrilling experience, hanging out on the sidelines for two hours before the game watching the teams warm up (those guys are huge!), singing for 70,000 people, shaking hands with Bryant Young (watch to the end) and then watching the game (a 49ers victory!) with Luanne, Josh and Jake up in the press box. I think the boys may have been more excited about the free food than anything. A huge meal when we first arrived, then hot dogs at halftime, and all the drinks and chips you wanted.

Here's Luanne's video...



And here's Buck Ellis and VK Jones's video (I love their commentary!)...



Then in 2007, I sang it again for the "Battle of the Bay," San Francisco versus Oakland. My 12-year-old-at-the-time, Josh, filmed this one:



Come on, T-Town... Let me add another performance to my Youtube collection!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin