Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST: The Finale



Last night, after the show, I tweeted: "#LOST was perfect. Thank you to @DamonLindelof and @CarltonCuse. You guys made the best show on TV..."

What did you think? No, not everything was wrapped up neatly with a bow on top, but I think they did the best job they could do given all the variables. Sure, lots of questions remain, but would we really have wanted them to explain it all? In the end, one thing remained: relationships with the people we had loved from the beginning. They were all together, and they were at peace. Beautiful.

2 comments:

Amy Law said...

I think I will watch the pilot again, followed by the finale. I did not feel the emotional impact of this show until it knocked the wind out of me at the very end when they showed the parallel realities; the emotional scene between Jack and his father at the church, the connections with loved ones that helped the "lost" soul awaken to his new sideways/limbo state of reality. I was at first annoyed with how the writers played with time. Future, backward, sideways, I felt like I was being yanked into all different directions...to be honest, I thought they did this because they were trying to figure out how to "land" this crazy story; it didn't seem possible to tie up all the loose ends. Their final exploration of playing with timelines (eternity) gave this story significance and meaning. And that's when it all hit me. It was a "Sixth Sense" moment. Sigh.

Matt Nightingale said...

Thanks for the comment, Amy. I'm with you. It was a beautiful episode that brought it all together for me. Loved the "awakenings" - especially Sawyer and Juliet.

I like what this guy had to say about it: http://bryanallain.com/archives/2010/05/28/my-final-thoughts-on-lost/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin