Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2011 Reading List (So Far)



I'm on a Fiction Spree. It's like 2011 is The Year of the Novel for me or something. I started caring about critics again and reading the New York Times book review section and the Amazon "Best Of" section. Here's what I've been reading...

Alphabetical, by author.

Fiction:
  1. Connolly, John - The Gates
  2. Cronin, Justin - The Passage
  3. del Toro, Guillermo & Chuck Hogan - The Strain
  4. del Toro, Guillermo & Chuck Hogan - The Fall
  5. Donoghue, Emma - Room
  6. Egan, Jennifer - A Visit from the Goon Squad
  7. Eugenides, Jeffrey - Middlesex
  8. Franzen, Jonathan - The Corrections
  9. Franzen, Jonathan - Freedom
  10. Herlihy, James Leo - Midnight Cowboy
  11. Ishiguro, Kazuo - Never Let Me Go
  12. King, Stephen - Full Dark No Stars
  13. Larsson, Stieg - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  14. Larsson, Stieg - The Girl Who Played with Fire
  15. Larsson, Stieg - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
  16. Lewis, C.S. - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  17. Lewis, C.S. - Prince Caspian
  18. McCann.Colum - Let the Great World Spin
  19. Murray, Paul - Skippy Dies
  20. Rachman, Tom - The Imperfectionists
  21. Shin, Kyung-sook - Please Look After Mom
  22. Shteyngart, Gary - Super Sad True Love Story
  23. Udall, Brady - The Lonely Polygamist
  24. Watson, S.J. - Before I Go To Sleep
Non-fiction that reads like a novel:


Memoir:


Right now I'm reading Jennifer Egan's The Keep. It was a slow start, but I'm completely hooked at this point.

And of course this does not count the books I have had to read for seminary. Right now I'm reading two fascinating books for Church History. They feel more like books I want to read than books I have to read: Justo Gonzalez's The Story of Christianity, Volume 1 & Volume 2.

How 'bout you? What have you read lately? What do you recommend?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin