Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Transformation


Cardboard testimonies from Redeemer's WORSHIP::LOUD service last Sunday night. I'm so grateful for the stories of transformation that were brought into the light. Thank You, God! And thank you, sisters and brothers in Jesus, for sharing your lives with us.

Relationship destroyed by sexual abuse...
Relationship restored through Christ's forgiveness.

Dependent on alcohol...
Dependent on Christ!

Liked to rush God, to "make His plans"...
Learning to trust in His perfect timing.

Insecure...
Secure in His arms.

Didn't go to church, and I was lost...
I was found.

Childless. No hope for giving birth...
God blessed us four times through adoption. All of them love the Lord!

Angry at God. Hurt by Christians. Left the church...
Found by grace. Now I'm a pastor.

Lost: Daughter (16) in car wreck...
Found: Peace that passes understanding.

I used to have a very bad temper...
God set me free. I seldom get angry now.

Lost a father to suicide...
Finding peace in God.

Three miscarriages...
Prayer ministry for expectant couples.

I don't have all the answers...
I follow Jesus - one day at a time.

Broken. Running from God...
Trusting God. Healed by the Healer.

Victim of attempted murder...
No more fear of death. I've been given eternal life!

Lost myself in a guy...
Found myself in Christ.

We were two...
Now we're one.

Angry and abusive...
Loving because I am loved.

Witnessed my brother killed by a car...
Found Jesus. Still healing.

Hamster died...
But now I have a bunny!

Hiding behind a "perfect" mask...
Known, loved and forgiven "as is."

Search for love ended in abortion...
Found forgiveness and true love. Blessed with a family.

Crohn's Disease. Four years of pain, problems and pills...
Remission. No pain, no problems, no pills for seven years.

Self-centered...
God is now the center of my life.

Best friend died in a car wreck (age 8)...
It brought us closer to Jesus Christ.

Busted ear drum...
Prayer for healing answered with complete restoration. No surgery needed.

Lost a best friend... who later had early sex...
Found everlasting friends in Christ!

My firstborn went to be with Jesus at age three...
Jesus continues a deep healing in me.

Nervous about mission trips...
Gone on two. Looking forward to more.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin